Fat Straw (Kelapa Gading, Jakarta)

Exterior

(Hello Saturday!)

Finally, it's Saturday and it's my time to write new post! It's really busy at work these days and I really don't have any time to write during weekdays, so I tried to write a new post every weekend. Today, I would like to talk about the cafe that serves original honey boba called Fat Straw located in North Jakarta, specifically at Kelapa Gading. The place itself is quite hard to find because it is located quite far from other restaurants, but you can rely on map that I have attached at the end of this post!

Interior
Interior
Interior
Interior
Interior
Outdoor Area

The place is quite big and spacey, I reckon they can accommodate up to 70 people. They have indoor and outdoor seating area, I opted indoor seating area because it was freaking hot that day. The decoration is mostly filled with wooden things and I love the super fat bee which is known to be their icon. I am the only customer when I arrived that day, but I heard from the server that most people take-away their beverages rather than dine-in at the restaurant.

Let's get started with their beverages and snack!

Matcha Milk Tea + Honey Boba - Large (IDR 25k + 3k)
Matcha Milk Tea + Honey Boba

(My first impression for this drink was unique!)

The drink is served in super fat cup just like its name 'Fat Straw'. The green tea flavor was mild and it went really well with their signature honey boba. The boba is coated with honey so it had a little bit sweet and honey flavor when you chew it. The taste was pretty decent and unique compared to other milk tea drink.

Matcha Milk Tea + Honey Boba

Ice Milk Drink (IDR 28k)
Ice Milk Drink

(Another fatty cup!)

The server recommended this drink to me because it's claimed as one of their best seller. Ice Milk Drink contains fresh milk, caramel, egg pudding and their signature honey boba. The fresh milk was not really sweet and the hint of sweetness came from the caramel. The egg pudding tasted pretty decent and the honey boba was delicious. Oh, don't forget to mix this drink by shaking it first before you drink it!

Ice Milk Drink

Popcorn Chicken (IDR 32k)
Popcorn Chicken

I've gotta say that they have limited choice of snacks and eventually this one became my choice that day. Popcorn Chicken is battered with flour and sprinkled with basil and pepper. The appearance might not be really appealing, but the taste was surprisingly good. The basil and pepper did a great job in elevating the whole taste of this dish, though I found there were more flour than the chicken meat.

Popcorn Chicken
Food

Overall, my visit to Fat Straw was okay, the beverages and snacks they served tasted pretty decent, the place was decorated nicely and totally suit my liking and the service was pretty good. I have to say that they already have their signature dish (honey boba) and nice place, but I think that they should come up with another brilliant idea to attract more customers. Because you know, people these days are so into cute and good-looking food. I wish best of luck for Fat Straw!

Fat Straw
Jl. Kelapa Nias Raya, Blok QB 5 No. 6, Kelapa Gading, Jakarta
(021) 45840709

Opening Hours:
Mon - Fri: 10.00 - 23.00
Sat - Sun : 10.00 - 24.00

Facebook

Get latest update on your feed!
Follow me on:

6 comments:

  1. Cool site, I LOVE this PAGE
    *Love* your post and review

    Regards,
    http://ervanrustam.com - food photographer jakarta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandala,

      Thanks for reading my post and review!

      Regards,
      Paulus

      Delete
  2. the store is really spacious if we compare it with their store in Gandaria City Mall, and yes I love their logo, such a cute bee :D

    Mau coba ke gerai yg di sini aahh, kayaknya lebih seruu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meidiana,

      Yes you're right! The outlet at Kelapa Gading is quite big!

      Regards,
      Paulus

      Delete
  3. Good place with delicious food.
    I wanna to try.
    Nice Article, I like this page.
    Thanks.

    SMS Masking Murah

    Regards
    Aplikasi Software SMS Gateway Murah
    Software SMS Gateway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh site, cool & delicious !
    and I look familiar sauce in pict's.
    I love it !

    paketumrohdena
    denapaketumroh

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.